Waiting on Wednesday #61

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



I've been seeing raving reviews about this one literally EVERYWHERE! Of course it piked my interest up, and this being a fantasy novel also helps a lot!


Waiting on Wednesday ~ The Girl at Midnight (The Girl at Midnight #1) by Melissa Grey | Anatea's Bookshelf The Girl at Midnight (The Girl at Midnight #1) by Melissa Grey
Expected publication:
April 28th 2015 by Delacorte Press

Goodreads | Book Depository | Amazon

For readers of Cassandra Clare's City of Bones and Leigh Bardugo's Shadow and Bone, The Girl at Midnight is the story of a modern girl caught in an ancient war.

Beneath the streets of New York City live the Avicen, an ancient race of people with feathers for hair and magic running through their veins. Age-old enchantments keep them hidden from humans. All but one. Echo is a runaway pickpocket who survives by selling stolen treasures on the black market, and the Avicen are the only family she's ever known.

Echo is clever and daring, and at times she can be brash, but above all else she's fiercely loyal. So when a centuries-old war crests on the borders of her home, she decides it's time to act.

Legend has it that there is a way to end the conflict once and for all: find the Firebird, a mythical entity believed to possess power the likes of which the world has never seen. It will be no easy task, but if life as a thief has taught Echo anything, it's how to hunt down what she wants . . . and how to take it.

But some jobs aren't as straightforward as they seem. And this one might just set the world on fire.

What are your thoughts on The Girl at Midnight?

About Unknown

Hi. I'm Anatea, a 23-year-old Croatian girl, living in Germany. I enjoy reading books, traveling, fashion and photography. Let me show you my world.
    Blogger Comment

13 komentari:

  1. I've got this as my WoW this week too. Everything about it from the cover to the ARC reviews is making me desperate to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely can't wait for this one :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this one but just the name Echo attracts me to it!

    New follower!
    Hope you visit my WoW: http://emily-confessionsofabookaholic.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/www-waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoy the book!

    My WoW: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/04/waiting-on-wednesday-hard-to-be-good.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice! Everyone seems to be loving this one which makes me even more excited for it too! :D

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh! This one was soooo good. I just reviewed it - I would reread it again if I had time! I hope you enjoy it when you read it, Anatea!

    Have a fantastic week :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! We're wow tweenies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, Echo is pretty unusual. I hope we'' both get to read it, and thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to read your review then! I somehow missed it, and thanks for stopping by Alyssa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one looks SO GOOD! I have also seen tons of raving reviews :) Hope you enjoy it once you read it!

    Em @ http://theyabookbutterfly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been seeing this around. I'm really considering reading this one. Nice pick! Hope you enjoy it! :)

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete