2014 End of Year Book Survey



I have had a little longer break over the holidays, but now I'm back and ready to continue! I will start off this year by commenting the previous one, and participating in 2014 End of Year Book Survey hosted by Jamie @ Perpetual Page Turner.



Number Of Books You Read: 75
Number of Re-Reads: none - I don't really like wasting my time on re-reads when there's so much other books I still haven't read.
Genre You Read The Most From: By looking through my read books on my Goodreads Reading Challenge, it appears I've read most Contemporary Romance books, followed by Dystopian and Paranormal books.



1. Best Book You Read In 2014?
Stolen Songbird (The Malediction Trilogy #1) by Danielle L. Jensen
I really, really loved Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen probably because it was such an unique concept, and I have never read a book quite like that. If you want to see some other books I really enjoyed, you can see here my Top Ten Books in 2014.


2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Tabula Rasa by Kristen Lippert-Martin
I guess it'll have to be Tabula Rasa by Kristen Lippert-Martin. I was really excited about it, and thought it would be a great book, but I ended rating it 1 star.



3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2014?
Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman
I was really surprised with Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman. I couldn't believe how much research the author did about the Second World War and Hitler himself, so that was a very good surprise.


4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2014?
Rites of Passage by Joy N. Hensley
I think it was Rites of Passage by Joy N. Hensley. I was to everyone like: "You just have to read this book, it's soooo amazing!" lol



5. Best series you started in 2014? Best Sequel of 2014? Best Series Ender of 2014?
Stolen Songbird (The Malediction Trilogy #1) by Danielle L. Jensen
The best series I started in 2014 will have to be Stolen songbird by Danielle L. Jensen again. I just loved that book soo much, and I can't wait for the next installment.



Endless Knight by Kresley Cole
The Best sequel will have to be Endless Knight by Kresley Cole. That book was SO good! I can't even explain how much I loved it. And I'm really excited since the next book is coming out next week!


Rebel by Amy Tintera
I adore this books so much! I was really sad because Rebel was only the second book and also the last. I could have read a couple of books more in this series!



6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014?
I think it's probably Joy N. Hensley. I'm pretty sure I'll read everything she writes and I think I'm going to love it.

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
Little White Lies by Katie Dale
I don't really read much mystery/suspense books, but I was really surprised by how much I enjoed Little White Lies by Katie Dale




8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
They All Fall Down by Roxanne St. Claire
It's probably They All Fall Down by Roxanne St. Claire. I loved how much action there was and I remember not wanting to ever put it down.



9. Book You Read In 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Uninvited by Sophie Jordan
I may re-read Uninvited by Sophie Jordan because, for some reason I don't exactly remember a lot of things that happened there, so I may re-read it before picking up the sequel.



10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2014?
Suspicion by Alexandra Monir It'll have to be Suspicion by Alexandra Monir. The cover is just soo beautiful and mesmerizing that you just want to read it, but unfortunately, the book itself wasn't as great as the cover.




11. Most memorable character of 2014?
Here I go again with Joy N. Hensley's book, but Sam from Rites of Passage is probably one of my favorite characters ever! I loved everythig about her.

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014?
Forbidden by Kimberley Griffiths Little
Forbidden by Kimberley Griffiths Little definitely surprised me with it's writing. It was really beautiful and lyrical and I just couldn't get enough of it.



13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2014?
I guess it's probably Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman. It's really sad to see how much prejudice is there only because someone had such an upbringing and is raised to believe some people are less worth than the others.

14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2014 to finally read?
The Maze Runner by James Dashner
Yes, I finally read The Maze Runner by James Dashner, and I admit it. It's only because I wanted to read it before the movie came out. Which sucked unfortunately (the movie sucked, not the book).


15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014?
I know this will probably be really weired to you, but I don't exactly keep track of quotes.

16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2014?
The shortest book I read in 2014 was Just One Night by Gayle Forman with only 40 pages & the longest was Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen with 469 pages.

17. Book That Shocked You The Most
Probably Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman. I really wasn't expecting what I got from that book.

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Okay, so, in the Poison Princess I really liked how Jack was with Evie, but then in Endless Knight came DEATH and I swear, I will ship Death and Evie forever!

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
The Secret Diamond Sisters by Michelle Madow
I really like the relationship between the Diamond sisters and the connection they have.




20. Favorite Book You Read in 2014 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
On the Fence by Kasie West
I LOVE Kasie West, and I'll probably read everything she writes as soon as it comes out! Or maybe even sooner if I can get an arc!




21. Best Book You Read In 2014 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
The Book of Ivy by Amy Engel
It's The Book of Ivy by Amy Engel and it was just SO GOOD!





22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014?
Ohaaiii Death!! I'm winking at you! (From Endless Knight)

23. Best 2014 debut you read?
It's Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen. There's no doubt about it.

24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
I quite liked the world-building and the setting of Forbidden by Kimberley Griffiths Little. It was really good.

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
It's probably On the Fence by Kasie West. It was such a cute book, and I just loved reading it!

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2014?
Again Forbidden by Kimberley Griffiths Little. I was really crying a lot while reading it.

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
The Book of Ivy by Amy Engel. That book was so good, and I don't think people really realise how good this book was, but it's probably mostly because I doesn't have an eye catching cover.

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
Forbidden by Kimberley Griffiths Little. Kimberley, how could you end it there?????

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2014?
Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen. Everything about this book was unique. I loved it.

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Tabula Rasa by Kristen Lippert-Martin, just because that book could've been amazing, but it wasn't.



1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2014?
I think it's probably Shannon's blog, It Starts at Midnight. I love it!

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2014?
Top Ten Clues You're Clueless by Liz Czukas
It's hard to choose which of my reviews is my favorite, but I guess it's Top Ten Clues You're Clueless by Liz Czukas just because of the way I wrote it.




3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
I haven't written any discussion posts on my blog yet, but it's one of the things I want to start next year.

4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
Since I don't live in the US, it's really hard to participate in the most of the events, and we don't have any author signins, so I guess best event's I pativipated in are read-a-thons.

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2014?
I can't choose just one moment, but, I do love talking with all of you and I'd choose that as my best bookish moment.

6. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
The post that got the most views this year is 2nd Blogoversary, but my guess is, it probably got so many views because of the giveaway.

7. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
I guess it's my review of All Lined Up by Cora Carmack. It got 0 comments and only 54 views.

8. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
I'm not sure. I guess Book Outlet, even though I still haven't ordered anything from there since the shipping costs are ginormous.

9. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I only set and completed the Goodreads Reading Challenge, and it was 75 book, and I read just 75 books. I was really happy that I managed to complete it!




1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2014 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2015?
Exquisite Captive (Dark Caravan Cycle #1) by Heather Demetrios We Were Liars by E. Lockhart The Kiss of Deception (The Remnant Chronicles #1) by Mary E. Pearson A Mad, Wicked Folly by Sharon Biggs Waller
I couldn't choose just one. But some of those books I will probably read first.

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2015 (non-debut)?
The Trouble with Destiny by Lauren Morrill Conspiracy of Blood and Smoke (Prisoner of Night and Fog #2) by Anne Blankman Invaded (Alienated #2) by Melissa Landers I Was Here by Gayle Forman
I'm really excited about these books.




3. 2015 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
The Wrath and the Dawn (The Wrath and the Dawn #1) by Renee Ahdieh The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker Red Queen (Red Queen Trilogy #1) by Victoria Aveyard
These three books sounds really amazing! I hope they won't let me down.



4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2015?
Dead of Winter (The Arcana Chronicles #3) by Kresley Cole
There is no competition here. I know it'll be out next week, but I'm really, really excited about it!




5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2015?
I am hoping that I will post consistently without any long hiatus'.

6. A 2015 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
There's only one book I read from 2015 that I liked, and it's Perfect Couple by Jennifer Echols.



2014 was quite exciting for me. What are some of your accomplishments in the previous year?

About Unknown

Hi. I'm Anatea, a 23-year-old Croatian girl, living in Germany. I enjoy reading books, traveling, fashion and photography. Let me show you my world.
    Blogger Comment

3 komentari:

  1. I'm super happy I completed my GR's reading goal of 100 books!! I even read a little bit more than that! I love how many questions you answered with Stolen Songbird and On the Fence! Both so good! Happy 2015 Anatea~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! You have for sure made my day!! THANK YOU! We have a lot of the same favorites, Rites of Passage was my book of the year, and I loved Forbidden, and The Book of Ivy. And I am excited for all the same debuts! They look so, so good. And I have already heard good things about them, so fingers crossed!


    Congrats on reaching your Goodreads goal too! And Happy 2015 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completed my goal of reading 200 books last year which I wasn't sure I was going to be able to do as 2014 was kind of rough for me. And I overachieved a little on my usual goal of reading ten classics by reading fourteen. I'm hoping I can keep it all up in 2015.

    And I'm definitely going to be checking out Stolen Songbird now.

    ReplyDelete