Review ~ Anything to Have You by Paige Harbison

Anything to Have You
by Paige Harbison

Publication Date:
January 28th 2014
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
304 pages


Book Description:

Nothing should come between best friends, not even boys. ESPECIALLY not boys.

Natalie and Brooke have had each other's backs forever. Natalie is the quiet one, college bound and happy to stay home and watch old movies. Brooke is the movie—the life of every party, the girl everyone wants to be.

Then it happens—one crazy night that Natalie can't remember and Brooke's boyfriend, Aiden, can't forget. Suddenly there's a question mark in Natalie and Brooke's friendship that tests everything they thought they knew about each other and has both girls discovering what true friendship really means.




I requested this book for review before I went to Goodreads to check out if there are any reviews written already. I just really liked the description and went ahead and requested it. Then I went to Goodreads and saw so many negative reviews. What was going through my head was, WHY did I request it?!? But I ended up reading it and decided not to trust those people. The first chapter was terrible. I wanted to DNF the book. I don't know why, but I continued reading it. And I ended up really liking the book, can you believe it??

The first chapter in this book is actually just a really long and boring conversation that makes you want to throw the book into the trash can so you never have to see it again. But if you manage to get past that first chapter, like I did, you may find yourself quickly engaged in the story. We meet Natalie and Brooke, two best friends. While Natalie is the quiet one, a girl who prefers to stay in and just watch a movie, Brooke is the wild one, always partying and the social butterfly. One night she gets Natalie to come with her to a party, but what happened is that they get wasted and some of them even blackout. Natalie ends up sleeping with a guy, but she doesn't know which one. Is it Aiden, her best friends boyfriend with whom she woke up in the same bed with, or is it Ethan, a guy with whom she made out earlier in the night?

I liked Natalie much more than I did Brooke and I preferred reading from Natalie's POV. I realized whenever it was Brooke's POV, I was just waiting for it to switch back to Natalie because Brooke really irritated me. She was selfish, jealous and manipulative, and I just wanted to be out of her head. Natalie was really a sweet, kind and thoughtful person and a great friend. I don't see what happened that night as a mistake, I see it more like what-goes-around-comes-around kinda thing. Brooke knew exactly what she was getting herself into from the beginning, but I won't go much into details so I don't spoil the story for you. Brooke's boyfriend Aiden was a real sweetheart, I loved him!

There is a twist that happens near the end of the book, but I could see it coming from miles away so it wasn't really a surprise for me. But, I did like the ending and I think that Brooke will finally be ok.

Even though Anything to Have You started really bad, it turned out to be a great read and I really did enjoy it. There was a lot of high school drama, but if you are into those kinds of books, I am sure you will enjoy this one!






About Unknown

Hi. I'm Anatea, a 23-year-old Croatian girl, living in Germany. I enjoy reading books, traveling, fashion and photography. Let me show you my world.
    Blogger Comment

1 komentari:

  1. Yes! I did actually enjoy it too, but like you, because of Natalie. I really did not like Brooke at all (I may have skimmed through her pov's.) The fact that she was still only with Aiden because she didn't want to finish high school without one? Especially when it was obvious Natalie really liked him, and hell, Brooke knew she liked him. She's kind of the reason why slut shaming was invented. Glad you enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete