Review: Just Remember to Breathe by Charles Sheehan-Miles

Just Remember to Breathe (Thompson Sisters)
by Charles Sheehan-Miles

Publishing date:
November 12th 2012
Publisher: Cincinnatus Press
280 pages


Book Description:
Alex Thompson’s life is following the script. A pre-law student at Columbia University, she’s focused on her grades, her life and her future. The last thing she needs is to reconnect with the boy who broke her heart.

Dylan Paris comes home from Afghanistan severely injured and knows that the one thing he cannot do is drag Alex into the mess he’s made of his life.

When Dylan and Alex are assigned to the same work study program and are forced to work side by side, they have to make new ground rules to keep from killing each other.

Only problem is, they keep breaking the rules.

The first rule is to never, ever talk about how they fell in love.

I think this is the first Contemporary Romance novel I read that is written by a male author. It really surprised me, I must say, and it was really good. Charles did a great job on this novel and I can't wait to read some of his other books.

Alex and Dylan have a history, and now they must learn how to work together. They met as teenagers on their trip to Israel and fell in love, but when they returned to their homes, things started to complicate. Long distance relationship was much harder than they tought it would be and they broke up. Now that they are in the same College, will they be able to forgive each other and give their relationship another try?

Just Remember to Breathe is told from dual POV. We have the insight to both Dylan and Alex's head. I enjoyed reading from both perspectives. It helped us learn how they both feel about each other and what are the reasons why they broke up. I also loved the little flashbacks to their trip to Israel. It was nice to see how they met and how their relationshiop progressed.

This book has more emotions in it than the blurb shows us. Dylan has been injured in Afghanistan and is now a veteran who is dealing with PSTD and a troubled past. Alex is dealing with her strict family and an attempt on rape. They both were strong charatcters and they delt with their problems with an admiring strenght. Always wanting to move on, to work past all the problems they encounter.

Overall, this book is the perfect NA book and I think everyone who likes New Adult Contemporary Romance will enjoy Just Remember to Breathe.


About Unknown

Hi. I'm Anatea, a 23-year-old Croatian girl, living in Germany. I enjoy reading books, traveling, fashion and photography. Let me show you my world.
    Blogger Comment

2 komentari:

  1. Now that you mention it, I don't think I've read many contemporary romances from male authors either. This sounds pretty good, though, and I like that there is a dual point of view. I've started to warm to split narratives now! Great review, Anatea. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it is a rare thing than. I'm glad you've started to liking dual pov more Sam!

      Delete