Review: Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Onyx (Lux, #2)
Jennifer L. Armentrout


Publishing date:
August 14th 2012
Publisher: Entangled Teen









From Goodreads:
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…


My review:
Oh Dear God!
I'm like speechless. If you thought Obsidian was amazing, just wait until you read Onyx! Because Onyx is even better, and yes it is possible.

In first 100 pages, the plot was a little bit slow, but I'm glad it was like that. There wasn't much plot, but the tension between Daemon and Katy was amazingly unberable. I loved it.
Now, when we got our dose of Daemon, we can go onto real stuff. And just you wait. Katy is still the same book lover like she was in Obsidian, but she's not that vulnerable anymore. She's become a really strong character. Daemon is still Daemon, always funny, but now determined to win Katy over.

And that ending, let's talk about cliffhanger, you got one right here. I need Opal now!


My rating:

About Unknown

Hi. I'm Anatea, a 23-year-old Croatian girl, living in Germany. I enjoy reading books, traveling, fashion and photography. Let me show you my world.
    Blogger Comment

2 komentari:

  1. I think I'm going to have to start reading this series too; so many good reviews!

    Hi there!
    I'm visiting from GoodReads. I'm following you now, here is my link to follow me back
    http://onlectus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. :DD I just got this book on my nook can't wait to read it, I absolutely loved Obsidian. Awesome review! :)

    ReplyDelete